Quality. Reliability. Versatility. Service.
The town of Spencer, Ohio was founded in 1823 as an agricultural community. Spencer Manufacturing opened its doors in 1895 to support nearby Cleveland's industrial needs. By 1920, we were producing axles for agriculture, and in 1932, the first torsion bars were made.
From 1941 until the end of World War II, Spencer contributed heavily to the war effort. Suspension products for Sherman tanks and dozens of other essential parts were made to help support our country's goals and protect our troops, an effort that continues to this day. Over the years, we have expanded our line of military products to include parts for the Abrams tank and various other fighting vehicles, even contributing to the lunar module of Apollo 11. Spencer has also continuously broadened its capabilities to meet the needs of our growing number of commercial customers.
Today, Spencer Forge and Manufacturing is housed in an 85,000 square-foot complex. We're proud of our heritage and seek to provide stable lifelong careers for our employees, rather than just jobs.
Spencer remains family-owned and operated and is a veteran-owned small business.